If you’re having a tough time finding seasonal employees (or even how) for your company, then this guide is for you. The tips in this article will help you attract the best candidates and make your company more attractive to potential employees.
Check out our tips below to help guide you to finding that perfect employee!
- Re-Engage Former Seasonal Employees- reach out and communicate with your former employees and create a sense of urgency for them to return. The best part is they are already trained in your ways and won’t take but a quick little refresher course for them.
- Offer Signing Bonuses - Offering sign-on bonuses can be an excellent way to promote your business and attract new talent in this competitive job market. Not only will it help you find and retain great employees, but it also helps with recruitment efforts by showing potential candidates that you’re willing to invest in them from the start.
- Advertise to Your Seasonal Counterparts- If you're looking for seasonal employees, think about partnering with your local seasonal summer jobs. They might have great candidates who are available and eager to work!
- Pay More for Less Popular Shifts- Consider offering higher pay for the less popular shifts to ensure that you have enough staff. Example- If you plan to stay open late on Christmas Eve or News Year's Eve. Offer your employees an additional percentage of pay to give them an incentive.
- Offer Referral Bonuses- A referral bonus split between your employee and the friend they referred is a common practice for many companies. This is beneficial for all parties involved because it encourages your employees to refer their friends and family members, which will increase your employee retention rates.
- Advertise on Social Media- This is one way to beat out your competitors who may be using the traditional methods of posting a sign on the store window in order to attract new customers. Leverage your social circles, text messages and email campaigns!
- Use Seasonal Keywords in Job Postings- In today’s job market, it is important to try to use keywords that indicate a position is seasonal or temporary so those searching for these specific types of opportunities can find them. Use Keywords like “Holiday Work” “temporary” “seasonal”. Be clear and specific.
- Offer Flexible Schedules- Offering flexible schedules is a great way to attract and retain employees. With the increasing demand for work, it is important for companies to offer flexible schedules to their employees. There are many benefits to flexible schedules. For one, it's a great way to maintain a healthy work-life balance. It also gives parents the chance to spend more time with their children and vice versa.
- Host evening interviews -Hosting evening interviews is a great way to allow a seasonal employee to interview for a position without having to take time off from their main employment. It also shows them that the company is willing to accommodate the needs of their employees. It is important to have interviews at times that are convenient for the seasonal employees. This will make them feel appreciated and valued by the company.
Don’t forget to have a clear message when you write your job description. Start by listing out all of the skills and qualifications that are needed for this position. Then describe what you want from your candidate in terms of experience, personality, and work ethic. Finally, you should list out any other requirements like education or location requirements.
We are wishing all our sisters an amazing Holiday Season!
Have a suggestion for a tip? We would love to hear from you!